Structured Real Estate practice of a top 20 UK law firm.
- Developments in the market had opened up an opportunity for an integrated solution drawing on skills from different practice groups within the firm. A team of individual specialists had begun working together to exploit this opportunity.
- A number of other firms had high-profile offerings in the same area.
- So far, the team had been participating rather than competing in the market. A step change was required to achieve ambitious growth targets [35% growth in three years] and become a leader in the market.
- The proposition needed to be taken to market fast and effectively to win clients and build profile while there was still space for a new player.
What we did:
- Helped to validate and scope the opportunity, drawing out clear requirements and objectives for the project, and helping shape the group strategy.
- Worked with a small team of partners and senior associates over three months.
- Focussed attention on identifying and understanding the real client needs as a foundation for the proposition.
- Identified a prioritised list of targets.
- Through workshops and working sessions, identified and articulated a clearly differentiated proposition based around the strengths of the team and the firm.
- Built a tailored sales process and supporting tools.
- Defined a clear delivery process, including a new approach to pricing.
- Developed specific hooks that would help to open doors with key targets.
- Provided coaching and training for the project team to enable them to put theory into practice
- Within first week of the project, gave the team a clear message to share internally and externally – this built their confidence and delivered positive results immediately.
- Provided a model for the team to work together in an integrated way – and present themselves in this way to clients.
- Made developing clear and compelling proposals and pitches – and clear costing – easier and quicker.
- Built internal awareness and respect for the initiative – supporting cross selling.
- Delivered high-quality new business wins – within a month of drafting the key elements of the proposition, the team won a job worth up to £1million of fees.