Corporate practice of one of the largest full service law firms in the world
- This Corporate Group was one of the largest in the UK and did more deals than any other law firm in the £0 to £250m range.
- Around them, every law firm said it had the expertise to manage transactions and many clients saw ‘Magic Circle’ firms as the lowest risk option. So, they needed to maximise on their strengths to differentiate themselves.
- They had identified ‘effective project management’ as a strong selling point and developed some tools to improve their performance in this area.
- They needed help to develop their sales message and communicate it to the market in order to increase their sales efficiency and win more business.
What we did:
- Worked with a small team of partners and senior associates over a couple of months.
- Through workshops and working sessions, helped them to articulate a differentiated proposition- including a methodology for work delivery and pricing, develop a tailored sales process and create practical sales tools.
- Throughout the project, provided coaching on the principles of effective relationship selling and support on specific pursuits.
- Supported identification of a prioritised target list and introduced simple sales management to encourage and track business development activities.
- Provided a training session with the project team where they could practise and use the sales tools
- Following a testing phase, helped to capture key learnings and supported roll out of the proposition, the sales approach and the delivery and pricing methodology to the wider Corporate team, nationally and internationally, through presentations, further training, communication tools and activities at the group’s conference.
- Helped win more work when deals were under consideration and differentiate the group with clients who might have deals in the future
- Ensured that the way the group worked with clients during the sales process reflected the way they would work with them on their deal – building trust early in the relationship
- Helped the firm claim the number 2 slot in the FT’s most innovative lawyers list.
- Write offs decreased by 10%
- Revenue increased by 20%